Evangelization Training Camps
December 30, 2013-January 3, 2014
Registration is now closed!
Pine Lake Retreat Center, Groveland, FL
Since many campuses have asked for an additional ETC in the Winter, we have found a beautiful retreat center just outside of Orlando. Celebrate the New Year with the EC!
Evangelization Training Camps equip Catholic campus ministry staff and student leaders to share the Gospel on campus naturally, fruitfully, and relationally.
Over 5 days, participants will grow in their connection to Jesus and the Church; learn and practice outreach skills; and tailor a vision for evangelization to the particular needs of their campus culture.
Ministries from colleges and universities of all sizes and types – Catholic, secular, public – dramatically increase their campus outreach through ETCs. Join us to make it happen on yours!
Students and staff will leave spiritually refreshed, returning to their campuses with contagious energy to share the Good News!
EC training camps held across the United States have brought together over 600 people from 70 different campuses, parishes, and organizations since 2006.
Evangelization Training Camps
When you register, select a track:
Pre-evangelistic conversation skills; sharing faith experiences; recognizing and responding to stages of conversion.
2. Small Group Leadership
Students learn to facilitate inviting, accessible communities outside the Catholic student center.
Geared for Lenten small groups.
*Campus Ministers: For a strong small group launch, encourage as many students as possible with leadership skills to register for this track, at least 2 for first ETC ministries.
3. One-on-One Discipleship Mentoring (advanced track)
Specially geared for Lent one-on-one discipleship intensive programs.
What to expect:
- Daily mass, an hour of individual prayer, and group prayer time
- Stirring prayer sessions and primers on prayer methods
- Personal connection to Christ as the foundation for campus ministry and outreach
- Skill-building workshops: pre-evangelistic conversation; facilitating small group scripture discussion; sharing your faith story
- Learn stages of conversion – what works when with whom
- One afternoon of sight-seeing and fellowship
What you’ll experience:
ETC Orlando Costs
- CM or Priest (personal room)……..$480
- Student (bunkhouse)……………….$320
*Includes lodging and meals
- Registration includes food and lodging for the duration of the training camp.
- Payment is due on or before November 27.
- Refunds will be granted for individual cancellations on or before November 27. Cancellations after November 27 will be non-refundable.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration. Contact us if you don’t receive this email.
What Campus Ministers, Clergy, and Students are Saying about Evangelization Training Camps!
“I’ve been to so many Christian and Catholic conferences throughout the years, and this is by far the most enriching one I have ever attended. It was so refreshing to see a group of Catholics so on fire for Jesus, and so passionate and convicted about the Gospel.” -Raquel Steward, Student, University of California-Santa Barbara, ETC-Wisconsin 2012
“From being a participant, to a leader, to currently, the peer minister of small group leaders at St. Thomas Aquinas, I know I have a passion for small groups. The training I received through the Evangelical Catholic Leadership Camp helped me realize small groups are not just a place students can go to interact with each other, but they are a full-flegded and vibrant ministry that works towards bringing people into an authentic connection with Christ and a community of fellow Christians. Our focus is to help leaders grow in their faith and prayer lives so that they can more effectively facilitate discussion and minister to those in and out of their small groups, because as the EC says, “you cannot give what you do not have’.” -Wisconsin ETC Participant, 2011
“Before [ETC 2012], I had a lack of direction to go to the next hungry heart. Now I am going after people each day, and I and seeing changes every week. Before I didn’t know what to do, and now I do.” -Fr. James Melnick, Campus Minister, University of Central Arkansas and Hendrix College, ETC-Arkansas 2012
“The ETC truly inspired and ignited a spirit of renewal and grace to go out and share the love of Christ with our brothers and sisters…!” -Student, ETC-Wisconsin 2012
Upcoming Evangelization Training Camps
Pine Lake Retreat Center, Florida
Past Evangelization Training Camps
Little Rock, Arkansas